Episode 12 is now available. See the summary below for more information. Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below.
||Episode 12: Special Guest Greg Taylor of Microsoft
- 00:35:00 Introductions
- 00:02:20 Greg Taylor introduction, how he got into IT, Exchange, and a day in the life of
- 00:15:02 Lync now under Skype in the Microsoft organization; Skype vulnerability
- 00:17:40 New Exchange Update Rollups released
- 00:20:15 Greg Taylor answers questions
- Exchange 2010 and 2013 coexistence using SP3
- Vendor support for Exchange 2013
- 00:23:00 CAS is essentially stateless, how does that change load balancing requirements in 2013? consequences of “stateless”, (authentication overhead, impact on load)
- 00:30:45 Do we even need load balancers in 2013? Can’t we just use DNS load balancing?
- 00:37:05 Kerberos and layer 4 load balancing
- 00:39:10 Which feature in exchange 2013 is the one he is most proud off?
- 00:42:10 IO reduction in Exchange 2013
- 00:44:55 How knowledge requirements for IT pros has changed over each version
- 00:46:10 How does the end of product life of TMG affect Exchange?
- 00:58:20 Are there any considerations that hosters need to take when going from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013?
- 01:01:00 Will it be easier for hosters to build their own version of Office 365? Comparisons to Lotus Notes
- 01:07:00 Office Web Apps
||Michel De Rooij, Michael Van Horenbeeck, Serkan Varoglu
||Greg Taylor (Microsoft)
||Michael Van Horenbeeck
Listen to the podcast immediately using the player below
Download This Episode
Download the mp3: Episode 12: Special Guest Greg Taylor of Microsoft (1:17:18)
Subscribe to the Podcast
Zune zune://subscribe/?The UC Architects Podcast=http://www.theucarchitects.com/podcasts/podcasts.xml
Check out our mobile app!
Our own Johan Velduis has created an app just for our site. Check it out!